How to Start a Business in Florida
Thinking about starting a business or need information on how to start a business? Here are the steps to forming a new business in Florida!
- You will need to think up a name for your new company. A good name should be unique, yet tells what kind of business you are doing.
- Make a choice on what type of company you want to form. Do you want to:
- File a DBA (fictitious name) to create a sole proprietorship or partnership?
- Incorporate as a corporation or LLC (Limited Liability Company)?
- Whatever you choose, you need to register your company with the state, county and obtain a bank account for the company. You are required to do these steps even if you have an online business or an at home business. For example, if you are doing booth sales regularly at a flea market or selling beauty products in an at home party setting you will need to take these steps.